share-like-connect in 4.10

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Wed Oct 3 14:54:44 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 03 October 2012 13:49:28 Marco Martin wrote:
> > 4. more plugins
>
> yep, those are the two most relevant points (many plugins btw will depend
> from the web accounts system is being developed)
Because making SLC default, we really need to have a few plugins, and a good
tutorial of how create them.

We don't want to expose something by default that doesn't allow to do too
much, it may cause users to remove SLC because "it does nothing" and cause a
horrible chain effect.

Also, in order to exploit the connect, what about adding a folderview with
"Show files from cuerrent activity" by default?

Or, how hard would it be to adapt Active container ?

Generally people don't understand what "Link to activity" does in dolphin
because once they link a file, nothing happens. Then you explain to them how
the folderview works and they love it :p

Cheerz.