share-like-connect in 4.10

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 11:49:28 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 03 October 2012, Giorgos Tsiapaliokas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we would like to have the SLC plasmoid in 4.10 by default.

I would really love to have this, +1

> Until now the SLC had plasma-mobile as a dependency due to the Fallback
> component,
> this component has been move in kde-runtime(at the plasma extras
> components).
>
> A few things that we should discuss are,
>
> 1. should we merge the slc repo in some other repo?

if is to be moved somewhere else would probably be kde-workspace
If is ok, makeing the sc release depend from one repo and tarball more, it's
fine to keep it in its own repo tough.

> 2.  ui changes?

i am not 100% happy with the current ui on mobile as well, but is mostly about
little tweaks.
then it could use the same system the notifications applet is using if
something needs to be different
(to my mind immediately comes icons spacing and mouseover effects)

> 3.  application support(Ivan is working on that)
> 4. more plugins

yep, those are the two most relevant points (many plugins btw will depend from
the web accounts system is being developed)

> maybe there are others, so don't hesitate to mention them :)
it's now also an import, to be possible to use the menu not only from the
applet but from some context menu anywhere.
i actually don't like this that much, so i would remove it (maybe use a dbus
service to pop the menu?)

Cheers,
Marco Martin