plasma2 and ToolTipManager

Shaun Reich sreich at kde.org
Tue Oct 2 17:26:45 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:38 AM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
> I hope you realize that the discussion about screenshots is quite some
> bikeshedding at the moment as

haha, well i'm just making sure that this is known really, so that we
think about it as we go. it may be bikeshedding, but it's also good to
think about some things beforehand so we (mostly you i guess ;) don't
redo the whole infrastructure *then* realize some cases we didn't
think about.

and yes, i didn't expect you to whip out some code on this, given that
it's all just very thin air right now.

> a) we are not yet on Wayland
> b) we don't know how exactly that will look like
> c) it's possible to define a standard way to make screenshots possible

> Now we have the chance to make the system a little bit more secure. We
> should at least try to make that possible and not kill that before we even
> start with going to Wayland, can we?

oh of course, i'm excited to see us move to the Land of the Ways as well.

> Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>my concern is that we may be tempted to answer too many questions with "put it
>in the window manager" in spite of the down sides of that.

precisely my thinking as well

--
Shaun Reich,
KDE Software Developer (kde.org)