plasma2 and ToolTipManager

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Oct 2 14:00:49 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, October 2, 2012 12:38:11 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> should at least try to make that possible and not kill that before we
> even start with going to Wayland, can we?

yes, i agree.

my concern is that we may be tempted to answer too many questions with "put it
in the window manager" in spite of the down sides of that.

and yes, i think we can do all of these things at once: inrease security,
present an improved user experience, not substantially regress on what already
works[1], retain a well-designed system (or even: improve the design of our
systems)

[1] in the case of screenshots, wayland will require some changes no matter we
do; so on day 0, i fully expect regressions there, and likely elsewhere.
that's ok. it's intentional choices that carry unecessary / regretable
regressions that should be avoided

--
Aaron Seigo