SystemTray: pop-up window position

Djuro Drljaca djurodrljaca at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 22:23:30 UTC 2012

Hello,

the problem with alignment to center is that you can't know where the text
will be positioned on the screen. When the text starts approximately at the
vertical line where you last click was there is less effort needed to find
the text, if it is aligned to center you must first wait for it to fully
appear on the screen and then follow the text to the left until you find
the start of text so that you can start reading :)

Writing this I felt a little stupid :) ... but if you think about it, it
makes sense. It can be a lot more "fluent" when it appears exactly where
you expected it. Of course you still have a problem if the text that should
be displayed is longer then you could show in the same vertical line as the
click, but it is still a little more natural then having it aligned to
center...

Regards,
Djuro Drljaca