Introducing Homerun

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 11:04:43 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 13 November 2012, Alex Fiestas wrote:
> > hmm, thinking about it, when we'll have the krunner ui rewritten in qml,
> > it may just be a dbus method that says krunner "pop up there, with this
> > ui package, and with this query"
> >
> > bam, completely new kickoff for free :p
>
> I thought Krunner was already ported to QML, or at least most of it.

yes, it basically has to be finished (ie the usual 1% of the work that takes
the 99% of the time)

things that quickly come to my mind that still needed to be fixed last time i
looked at it:
* ui in packages
* removal of both old c++ interfaces
* quicksand thinghie either dropped or implemented as a qml package as well
* i think actions are still not supported (those little buttons on a side that
only few runners provide)
* usual fair amount of layout fixes, little tweaks etc that make it look
"finished"

somebody up for it? :p

Cheers,
Marco Martin