QML style guide

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 17:26:17 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 15:08:21 Dmitry A. Ashkadov wrote:
>> Please, notify us when QML style guide is approved if it isn't approved yet.
>
> Indeed... I think it is ready to go now, though it still needs more content
> (esp the "best practices" section) but that's future work.
>
> I adjusted the guide to have "on first line opening brace for functions":
>
> function foo() {
>     ... code in kdelibs style ...
> }
>
> as that was the consensus on this list.
>
> otherwise, everything seem to be agreeable.. so let's all start using it!
>
> --
> Aaron J. Seigo

Sorry for dropping in late.

I haven't read all of the posts, only the first ~10.
Why can't the style follow the C++ style as close as possible?

For instance:
Item
{
}

function someFunction()
{

}

That's how the C++ spec looks and it seems obvious to me to use the
same style for javascript as well. In the above i interpret "Item" as
"class" thus the brace should be on the next line. The functions are
just like C++ functions. Further more i find code a lot more pleasant
to read if the brace characters are on a new line rather then the same
line. Now i can't ask to put the brace on a new line for all cases,
but i do ask to follow the C++ style where possible.