Review Request: Declarative bindings for ToolBox

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Nov 1 13:04:07 UTC 2012

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the review!

On Thursday, November 01, 2012 12:29:25 Marco Martin wrote:
> I'm quite on the fence with this.
> I'm not sure it should be the qml containment to explicitly create the
> toolbox, but more:
>
> the c++ part of the containment scriptengine loads and parses the qml of the
> toolbox, puts it on scene (toolboxes would go in packages, so the
> preferredtoolboxplugin stays in place)

We could move the ToolBox into its own package (or org.kde.plasma.containments
even), as kind of a default QML toolbox. Containments are still free to
implement them themselves, or use the default one.

What's our policy here, btw? I'm assuming containments are allowed to place
the button for the toolbox and the toolbox, right?

> the qml of the toolbox will have access to the actions and limited access to
> containment

What, for example, should it *NOT* be able to access in Containment?

> the qml containment will have limited access to the toolbox via
> plasmoid.toolbox

That's implemented in InternalToolBox right now (you get access to actions,
wether it's showing, and wether it can be moved). The ToolBox.qml
implementation listens to that.

> opinions?

sebas