Plasma Applet Testing for 4.9

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Tue May 22 11:40:23 UTC 2012

On 05/22/2012 10:51 AM, Jacopo De Simoi wrote:
> On Monday 21 May 2012 00:37:07 Viranch Mehta wrote:
>> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 3:58 AM, David Edmundson<david at davidedmundson.co.uk
>>> wrote:
>>>   - a list of all the new QML-based applets (by the time of the first beta)
>>>
>>>     (afaik, nowplaying, battery, locklogout, activitymanager.. but
>>>
>>> there are so many more random branches about, and I don't know the
>>> status of these)
>> As for the status, device notifier was shipped in last release,
> Indeed, but many features have not yet been tested extensively, so please do
> not neglect it in your tests even if it has been out there for a while :)
> Also, any usability feedback is very much welcome
>
> __J
Hi Jacopo,

I agree that Device Notifier and all applets shipped by KDE should be
tested. I used to do this informally a few releases ago.

Usability is usually not included in Beta Testing as it implies design
decisions which cannot be really considered as bugs. Maybe we can do
some usability tests in the next release in coordination with the
Usability Team which could be revived!

Best regards,

Anne-Marie