A folderview QGraphicsView related bug

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon May 21 21:02:00 UTC 2012

On Friday, May 18, 2012 22:28:47 Ignat Semenov wrote:
> Now the questions are:
> 1)Why do we need to iterate through the views like this? Anything more
> elegant in the Plasma library?

i don't know if it is more elegant in the implementation, but there is
QGraphicsView *Plasma::viewFor(const QGraphicsItem *item); (it is declared in
plasma.h, so it could already be visible to the code as that is a commonly
included header in libplasma. otherwise #include <Plasma/Plasma>)

> 2)Any ideas when underMouse() might fail like this when not dragging?

if i were to guess (and that's all this is) it would be because when the views
are checked, the mouse is over a different window or the relevant x event
hasn't been processed yet.

--
Aaron Seigo