Why is folderview in kde-baseapps?

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Sun May 20 22:05:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

I was reading "A folderview QGraphicsView related bug" which is asking help
for fixing a bug in the folderview plasmoid. So i was curious to see the
folderview code and the first repository i went to was kde-workspace.
Workspace seems logical to me since it's on my workspace and always
provided by default.

It was nowhere to be found in workspace. Instead it was hiding (quite alone
as the only plasmoid) in kde-baseapps. That makes me wonder, why is it even
there? Why not move it to kde-workspace where the other default plasmoids
are as well?

Another question for the apps in baseapps. Why is there even a baseapps
repository? Shouldn't they all be just in either workspace or a repository
for themselves?

Cheers,
Mark