Workspace sprint, workplan/methodology

Rick Stockton rickstockton at reno-computerhelp.com
Wed May 16 22:23:15 UTC 2012

On 05/16/2012 12:07 PM, Aleix Poi wrote:

> Furthermore, I see things like "on-screen keyboard" in this document.
>  From my point of view, this sprint should be about how to iterate KDE
> on the desktop systems (with this mouse and keyboard we've all grown
> to love), others are already taken care of by the Active project which
> is doing great but on the desktop we have some void. If I
> misinterpreted anything, please tell me.

You are likely correct, and I was probably wrong to add this item into
an Agenda for a meeting among KDE's DE visionaries. I was emphasizing
A18n (in particular, Plasma DE for one-handed users, who may be unable
to reach widely used modifier "KeySequence" with one hand, or with a
less-than-typical number of fingers). If it should not be treated as a
strategic goal, and plays more as a "mere feature", then please DO feel
free to remove the item.

BTW, Does the 'Active' project have a separate ML? (If it does, I should
go ahead and start lurking!) As you probably know already, I am going to
be creating the Qt "QMouseShortcut" Classes and Events in Qt. If Plasma
Sprint is not suitable for brainstorming of A18n needs, and/or Mouse
SHortcut HIG, I'll remove both of these noisy Agenda items. Thanks for
noticing that I'd stuck them in there!