Workspace Next Sprint Organization

Nuno Pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Tue May 15 11:13:14 UTC 2012

A Terça, 15 de Maio de 2012 12:14:23 Aaron J. Seigo escreveu:
> On Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:07:08 Björn Balazs wrote:
> > Have you been aware of this vision?
>
> this was actually rather well laid out and gone over and over and over in
> the first probably 2 years of the project. it's probably been the last 2 in
> which this has been not a topic of conversation and those who have come
> since then are likely to have not seen it explicitly.
>
> it would be nice to see a fully formulated version of it go prominentaly on
> community.kde.org/Plasma/
>
> > If yes: did it support your work (and how)?
> > If no: looking back would it have been helpful for your work if you had
> > known it (and how)?
> >
> > Is it too general / just right / too specific?
>
> what is above is too general to be useful on its own imho. it's the
> foundational "problem statement" on which we placed the target goals:
>
> * fluid, organic interfaces (smooth and pleasing animations; no "magical"
> appearing/disappearing; things connected conceptually should appear
> connected visuall; etc..)

This is the are were i think we can way better.. not the nimation per se or
the "wow" efects that become borring after the initial frist days...
its how the fluid natuaral behaviour help the user find out about features,
and coorrelate them to ever day life, so we manage to remove the abstrct
conceptualization of those features, and make them imidiatlly tangible to the
uzer...

only problem is that this is not simple at all, designing this types of
experiences takes alot of time, simply to come up with them, and then twice
that time to test them and develop them in say Qml mock code. couse its all in
the most minute details. And we need way more ideots that are better than me.

> * activities

activities are the prime example of somthing that need to be taken care of in
the way I describe above.... (presenting them in a natural way that simple
makes sence and that does not involve us explain it in text)