Workspace Next Sprint Organization

Björn Balazs bjoern.balazs at user-prompt.com
Mon May 14 14:52:40 UTC 2012

Hi all,

there have been some doubts about technical issues that could come along with
creating the "vision"...

So I thought, I might just write down some thoughts of what I think a good
vision is about. To start with here is a vision I think is a good one:

"I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before
this decade is out, of landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to
the Earth." (John F. Kennedy, May 25, 1961)

- The vision gives a clear goal (benefit) that helps to unify all people
involved into making it become real
- It is commonly understandable and does not provide technical solutions
- leaves enough room for creativity
- helps to provide criteria so that different people in similar situations
will likely come to the similar decission
- is short and hence present to everyone involved into the process

Do want another good one? Ok, here we go:

"The iPod will be a portable digital music player that will hold 5000 songs.
It will have a battery life measured in days, not hours. You will navigate the
thousands of songs with a single finger. You will sync all your music from
your computer to the iPod in minutes automatically, so you can have all your
music in your pocket." (said to be formulated by Steve Jobs end of the 1990ies
- might be an urban myth though...)

These are examples of what I think we should try to achieve for KDE. So I
think even though there will be massive implications with technical issues,
this will not be the topic of the meeting.

What do you think? Do you agree with the outlined criteria for a good vision?

Cheers,
Björn

Am Freitag, 11. Mai 2012, 22:17:07 schrieb Àlex Fiestas:
> On Friday, May 11, 2012 09:55:30 AM Marco Martin wrote:
> > then whatever the results are is something that we can walk trough the
> > implementation of it, what's doable, not so much, what will require
> > changes in the platform and so on (at akademy?)
>
> Indeed, Akademy is close enough to delay some discussions until it, we
> should take that into account.
>
> Notmart you better come ! or you will make me a very very very sad hacker :(

User Prompt | Psychologic IT Expertise
Inh. Björn Balazs | +49 179 4541949
Grünberger Str. 49 | 10245 Berlin