KRandr and GSoC

Detlev Casanova detlev.casanova at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 12:07:50 UTC 2012

Hello !

I'd like to improve multiple screens management as a GSoC.
The improvements would be :
 * Using profiles to save configurations, depending on screen id's
 * Automatic profile loading when a screen is plugged or unplugged
 * Default profile loading
 * Default and configured Windows placement :
      When the Primary output changes, put windows on that screen, with some
rules the user can configure : "vlc always on secondary", "kopete always on
the right half of the primary output", ...

For that last point, I'd still have to contact Kwin people. There are also
things to do with plasma (per screen activity/background image per desktop)
and kdm : why not have a multihead aware kdm ?

We'll go more into details later if the idea coud be interresting (Kephal and
friends) :)

Cheers,

Detlev Casanova.