request for review

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Mon Mar 19 10:33:13 UTC 2012

On Monday, March 19, 2012 11:28:22 AM Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hey,
>
> One potential issue I see is that you ship the youtube logo inside the
> runner. We might not be allowed to redistribute it as that.
>
> It also scales badly, so looks visually tarred.
>
> Can you check the license of the youtube logo, and if we're allowed to ship
> it, make it look correct?
I checked that back in the days when added youtube support to Kamoso, iirc you
can use the youtube logo but without modifications (which makes sense). They
also provide a policy on which logo you should use depending where you use it.

> Also, enabling these runners by default, which you've essentially done,
> brings a great privacy problem -- everything I type into KRunner is sent to
> Google and Bing -- that's not acceptable as such, at least should be
> discussed before we introduce this kind of change. I was pretty surprised
> when I saw youtube movies in my krunner results. (Positive, because it
> works, negative, because I might have been looking for my furry porn
> collection, not something I'd want to tell any web services.)

In theory they will only be triggered if the prefix match, kinda

youtube: kde rocks

If that can't be done for whatever reason then yes, we should disabled them by
default (I already pushed that change a week ago).