request for review

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Mar 19 10:28:22 UTC 2012

Hey,

One potential issue I see is that you ship the youtube logo inside the runner.
We might not be allowed to redistribute it as that.

It also scales badly, so looks visually tarred.

Can you check the license of the youtube logo, and if we're allowed to ship
it, make it look correct?

Also, enabling these runners by default, which you've essentially done, brings
a great privacy problem -- everything I type into KRunner is sent to Google
and Bing -- that's not acceptable as such, at least should be discussed before
we introduce this kind of change. I was pretty surprised when I saw youtube
movies in my krunner results. (Positive, because it works, negative, because I
might have been looking for my furry porn collection, not something I'd want
to tell any web services.)

Cheers,
-- sebas

--