Plasma Containment default setting

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jun 21 15:38:22 UTC 2012

On Thursday, June 21, 2012 15:27:11 Martin Klapetek wrote:
> (think the environments without dragging to desktop).

this will require different code paths for each env: setting the desktop
wallpaper is not standardized between environments. in kde3 we used dcop calls
which were specific to kdesktop and did not work anywhere else. so unless
someone implements methods for multiple other environments, this is unlikely
to matter.

> > why? we have DnD already ...
>
> Yes, but this discussion started exactly because there's a need (justified
> or not) for a different solution.

a need that is not justified is not a need. :)