Plasma Containment default setting

Varun Herale varun.herale at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 05:46:53 UTC 2012

> and how are you attempting to do this right now?
>
> Right now I am using DBus to find out the current activity and then the
"plasma-desktop-appletrc" config file to find the current containment
information. What I am trying to do is load the containment object using
the Plasma::Containment::restore() function, but it fails at this point - Link
1<http://api.kde.org/4.8-api/kdelibs-apidocs/plasma/html/containment_8cpp_source.html#l00296>.
I was intending to try and change wallpaper after loading the containment
this way. I am not sure if this will work, but I didn't understand why
isContainment() was returning false even when it is a Plasma::Containment
object.

(the best way is probably to offer a dbus interface in plasma-desktop that then
> connects to the active wallpaper plugin ... which has a call for setting
> wallpapers by url)
>
> How about adding a DBus function to "plasmaapp.cpp " which can set any
wallpaper plugin into the current desktop containment as long as it is
installed ? I am working on the code for that right now. Will post in
reviewboard once completed!