Plasma Containment default setting

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jun 21 12:37:36 UTC 2012

On Thursday, June 21, 2012 13:03:44 Marco Martin wrote:
> do we want to massively introduce its ui before frameworks?

i don't think we need to .. from what i can see we need to:

* figure out what development will happen as an immediate result of the new
team integrations that are happening

* iron out some of the existing UI that people have an interest in pounding on
again (e.g. notifications)

this for me takes precidence over the SLC steps which are:

* write more plugins for SLC

* get the patches into kdelibs

* make it part of the default desktop layout

i think the first 2 steps above will keep us plenty busy and with lots of
advancements to show between now and F5 being ready. no need to break the
kdelibs freeze imho.