Plasma Containment default setting

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jun 21 10:40:50 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, June 20, 2012 23:54:57 Martin Klapetek wrote:
> I imagine this could then be used in Dolphin's context menu 'Actions' and
> possibly in Gwenview too.

crazy idea: what about using SLC for this? Like -> Use as wallpaper

(not share because you aren't sharing with anyone; not really connecting it to
anything; and you use it as a wallpaper because you like it that much :)

downside: it's not particularly discoverable because people are not used to
SLC. i think once someone is used to SLC as a concept it will feel very
natural .. but before then it will be a mystery.

upside: we would not need to patch each application, and we wouldn't even need
to expose a dbus interface (this screams Plasma::Service to me...)

thoughts?