RFC: Activities vs Virtual Desktop document on the wiki

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 20:32:07 UTC 2012

On Sunday 17 June 2012, Ivan Cukic wrote:
> > In short: we identified activities as one of the core features of our
> > workspaces and VDs are close to fall off the tree.
>
> A brave decision. Brave indeed.
>
> If that is really going to happen we need a kicking activities UI.
> Activities are not even close to the usability of VDs unfortunately.
>
> So, IMO, we need dozens of mockups by the most diverse kind of users we've
> ever seen :)

yeah, that's why vds won't go away for the foresable future, will probably be
a long l long phasing out period ;)

and yes the number one problem identified in activities is that the effort
right now that has to be used to create, manage, switch them is a very high
barries "one should not even notice he's using them"
easier said than done uh? :p

--
Marco Martin