kde plasma workspace structure

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 21:06:52 UTC 2012

On Friday 08 June 2012, Alex Fiestas wrote:
> On Friday, June 08, 2012 10:01:35 PM Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > hi...
> >
> > here is a rough block diagram of the overall kde software stack:
> > 	http://plasma.kde.org/media/kde_block_diagram.png
>
> Apart from useful and complete beautiful :p
>
> Where will dolphin be? An application with Blue dot?
>
> Though these live out of kde-workspace, I guess that BlueDevil, KMix, etc
> goes within the Worksapce square, right?
>
> Thanks for the work :)

i see dolphin kindof a connector berween the workspace and other apps, because
while is an app, its visual semantics are those of an app (but then folderview
is very similar too), it organizes data and is the main way many other apps
are launched (i think is quite more common clicking on a pdf than launching
okular)
in a technical diagram like that app for sure, in something that would
represent only how things are functionally presented to the user, should be a
kind of connector in between

--
Marco Martin