KDE architecture diagram

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Fri Jun 8 12:37:09 UTC 2012

[Damn. Just when I say I am out of this discussion, a message arrives I feel
the urge to answer.]

Le vendredi 8 juin 2012 14:31:08 Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :
> it would be like saying that Calligra, Amarok and Digikam are somehow of a
> different class compared to KMail because KMail is in the SC. that is not
> how we've been dealing with applications for years now.
[snip]
> if we look at the technical artifacts, it is apparent that Plasma Active is
> one of the KDE Workspaces, on equal terms to Plasma Desktop and Plasma
> Netbook (and vice versa), and that work on one improves the others.

I would like to clear one misunderstanding: the fact I placed Plasma Active
out of the KDE SC does not mean I consider the product to be a second-class
citizen or that I consider it not to be a fully-fledged Plasma workspace. It
just means it is released using a different schedule, which is totally fine.

Perhaps the "KDE Workspace" box should be named " KDE SC Plasma Workspaces".

Aurélien