KDE architecture diagram

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Jun 7 19:28:38 UTC 2012

On Thursday 07 June 2012 21:11:09 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> there's an artificial spliting between "kde workspace" and "plasma active"
> that does not exist. those of us working on these things keep saying that
> but nobody seems to either be listening to or believing us :)
and I think here we have found the root cause of the discussions the last
days: there seems to be a misconception in what active is from the view of the
developers and from how it is seen from "outside". Personally I have to put
myself to the "outside" as I also see active as something not belonging to the
other desktops box. I would even split kwin in the diagram in a kwin desktop
and a kwin active.

Given that it's great that we have the sprint the next week to discuss that.
Something went wrong over the last year. We need to figure out what, why and
how to fix it.

Cheers
Martin