KDE architecture diagram

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 10:47:06 UTC 2012

Hey, first of all thanks for caring :)

Well it looks quite close to the status quo imho, but it occurred to
me we have indeed a serious naming problem (which I believe was the
main source of misunderstanding over the last days) on all of this. In
my opinion the diagram makes more sense when s/Workspace/Desktop. I
see more the concept of "workspaces", aka desktop, mobile, tablet
etc...

Another thing is that we have way too many names: software
compilation, active, workspace, etc... I mean if we, the people
working on that, are confused, how could a user feel?

I guess a goal for the next sprint should indeed be starting from
something like this and drawing a scenario, also in a marketing
perspective.