Theming, again

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Tue Jun 5 10:30:07 UTC 2012

> another thing that i wish it was possible that is a bit troublesome at the
> moment is a thing like this part of the mockup that i have not (yet) posted:
> http://wstaw.org/m/2012/06/05/plasma-desktoprK3844.png

This is not that different to the 3D dock. It just needs some
contextual information to paint the item properly - in this case, it
needs to know whether it has neighboring buttons.

> i'm not sure we have to support things so outside the base design...
> i'm fine with people attempting things like that, but on that point they're on
> their own for the graphics

This is not the point of 3D, so not something related to the /base/ design.

Imagine you want to make a taskbar that looks like the toolbar from
your mockup - to have the tasks glued next to one another. Easy enough
to get close to that - just remove left and right border, right? (with
the problem of leftmost and rightmost button not having left and right
border respectively)

Then move the panel to the left edge. Buttons will be separated from
each other (they have border on top and bottom) and will have no
border on the sides. Guessing this wording had more sense? :)

--
Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard