Theming, again

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 09:36:44 UTC 2012

On Monday 04 June 2012, Ivan Čukić wrote:

> :D )
> :
> >> - visually connecting the popups with the applets
> >>    example: http://kde-look.org/CONTENT/content-pre1/53086-1.png
> >>    or a 'triangle' pointing to the applet or anything else that people
> >> can devise
> >>    (yeah, this is my main issue)
> >
> > i don't see the connection, tbh :) educate me ...
>
> FrameSVG is a rectangle. Popup with a triangle is not :D (we talked
> about this some time ago - is it possible to make something like this
> by adding more power into FSVG, and we abandoned the idea since it
> would look quite ugly or underpowered)

another thing that i wish it was possible that is a bit troublesome at the
moment is a thing like this part of the mockup that i have not (yet) posted:
http://wstaw.org/m/2012/06/05/plasma-desktoprK3844.png

> Maybe I could draw it at T6.
>
> >> - differently presenting items (tasks for example) in panels that are
> >> vertical, horizontal, etc.
> >
> > not sure this is related to themes?
>
> Imagine a theme that tries to make a 3D dock (like some proprietary
> OSs do, a few people try this, and I was even sponsored to do it at
> one time... I felt dirty). So, the tasks background ought to be 3D as
> well (http://tipsfromgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/cairo-dock.jpg).

i'm not sure we have to support things so outside the base design...
i'm fine with people attempting things like that, but on that point they're on
their own for the graphics

Cheers,
Marco Martin