Theming, again

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 15:13:45 UTC 2012

On Monday 04 June 2012, Alex Fiestas wrote:
> There are many parties working on the same goal, QML+theming. Imho we
> should join them and work together to an unified solution.
>
> I remember on qt-development mailist someone asking for moving desktop
> components into Qt plauground's, then there are the guys at IndT, everybody
> involved on components (either symbian, meego or android) and of course us.
>
> So, if we come out with our solution and for some reason it is not picked
> as "defacto standard" we will end up with two ways of doing things.

well, we did... almost for a year now.
it's based on what we were told it was going to be the standard (and tried to
keep very bare, so less things to port just in case) so should stay pretty
compatible...

..however naked truth, right now even symbian/meego/desktop componentnts
aren't that much compatible with each other..

--
Marco Martin