Theming, again

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Mon Jun 4 14:31:16 UTC 2012

There are many parties working on the same goal, QML+theming. Imho we should
join them and work together to an unified solution.

I remember on qt-development mailist someone asking for moving desktop
components into Qt plauground's, then there are the guys at IndT, everybody
involved on components (either symbian, meego or android) and of course us.

So, if we come out with our solution and for some reason it is not picked as
"defacto standard" we will end up with two ways of doing things.

For the shell it is ok, but for applications where developers aim for
win/mac/kde/gnome integration I'm afraid it is not.

Just my two cents, I still know 0 about QML :D