[Nepomuk] porting stuff to Nepomuk2

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Wed Jul 11 13:53:09 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 3:25 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yo all,
> I tried to port some stuff to Nepomuk2, namely kactivities and
> plasma-mobile
>
> porting kactivities went smooth, and is now in the branch mart/nepomuk2 of
> the
> kactivities repository.
> the only thing still to fix is that is exposing a Nepomuk::Resource in a
> method, so it will have to provide both that and a new one with a
> Nepomuk2::Resource

Why both? Can't everyone just use Nepomuk2::Resource?

> for plasma-mobile (mart/nepomuk2 branch on the plasma-mobile git repo) is a
> bit more tricky:
> it needs nepomuk_add_ontology_classes that is still generating code with
> Nepomuk:: namespace.
> this will be a problem for a lot of code to port i guess
>
> I did a mart/rcgenNepomuk2 branch on the nepomuk-core repo.
> this builds that copy of rcgen with the name nepomuk2-rcgen and generates
> code
> with Nepomuk2:: namespace (a bit of generated code is disabled because it
> was
> using old functions from ResourceManager that are removed and were very
> slow)

Makes sense

> i tought at start to make the namespace command line dependent but the
> result
> vas an ugly bunch of spaghetti and the kdelibs copy would have to be
> modified
> (not good)
>
> it also needs an updated cmake file NepomukAddOntologyClasses (attached),
> which adds the NEPOMUK2 option and in that case uses nepomuk2-rcgen. all
> should be retrocompatible,
>
> Vishesh: what's the best way to proceed now?

I think for now it would make sense to push your
NepomukAddOntologyClasses.cmake in that branch, and then we can merge it
into master. I don't want this going into 4.9 cause there are some problems
with the current rcgen which I would like to fix at some point.

Btw, I don't really understand the NepomukAddOntologyClasses.cmake, so I
hope it works :)

> Cheers,
> Marco Martin

Vishesh Handa