[KDE Bugtracking System] REMINDER: current Plasma regressions

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 19:00:52 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 8:34 PM, Martin Graesslin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday 02 July 2012 16:02:35 Mark wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 9:11 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
>> > can we have this query changed so that it does not post every single day
>> > the mailing list but perhaps do it just 1-2 times per week? i'd be happy
>> > with once per week, tbh..
>> >
>> > thanks :)
>>
>> I think mails like this should be depending on the state of the current
>> release. So while we are in development mode for 4.9 (4.10 as the next one)
>> the mails don't even need to be send or once a month.
>> When we enter beta 1 i would say a mail once a week is enough.
>> Once we enter RC it really should stabilize and the mails should
>> probably be send a few times a week or once every 3 days or so.
> During development it would probably best to notify the maintainer of the
> affected component as soon as quickly - as sooner a regression is spotted the
> easier it is to fix. That is instead of reminders a single mail would be
> enough.
>
> Right now I agree that once a week would be enough given that everybody could
> just add the search to the personal saved searches, so that it's just one
> click away in bugzilla, which you should have open in one browser tab anyway
> ;-)
>
> Cheers
> Martin

Ha! Keep on dreaming with that browser tab :p

Actually my "ideal" kind of thing would be that you assign the bug to
yourself with some milestones or whatever. That is then somehow picked
up by akonadi (don't know how) on your local system and added to your
calender as todo item. That calender then sends you notifications of
pending todo items where you will get more notifications once you get
closer to a milestone till you fix it .... ahh well, i will keep on
dreaming as well ^_- But it does sound like a very nifty thing to
have. The tricky thing in here is probably the communication from
bugzilla to akonadi...