Offset from Plasma Theme?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jul 2 07:01:06 UTC 2012

On Sunday, July 1, 2012 19:46:51 Michail Vourlakos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to know how much offset
> adds the Plasma theme in a plasmoid. The decorations of the
> plasma theme add some offset, for example the 0, 0 point of a plasmoid
> is in reality offsetX+0, offsetY+0 because of the plasma theme.
>
> I need that because of some computations outside of that plasmoid.

can you explain what you are wanting to do in a bit more detail? because with
what you described, it really sounds like you are doing something in the wrong
way.

these details are purposefully hidden so that developers don't try and do
overly clever things that actually just break the user experience. if you are
struggling against the API / design, it almost always means you should be
doing something a little different.

... but sometimes we actually do find new, valid use cases and need to extend /
improve plasma in some way to meet them.

so if you can share more details, i can share a proper answer :)