Windows previews in qml plasmoid?

Michail Vourlakos mvourlakos at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 16:56:13 UTC 2012

Στις 28/06/2012 10:52 πμ, ο/η Martin Grδίlin έγραψε:
> On Thursday 28 June 2012 08:56:21 Michail V. wrote:
>> Is there a way to have windows previews in a qml plasmoid?
> You can have that with declarative KWin scripts:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/KWin/WindowSwitcher
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/KWin/Scripting
>
> But it's not possible to use inside a Plasmoid. With some hacks something
> could be implemented in Plasma, but I would highly recommend to not do it :-)
>
> Cheers
> Martin
>> For example is a tasks qml plasmoid possible?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Michail

Ok, I would like to comment that I found a very easy way to do this.
There is a function:

     Plasma::WindowEffects::showWindowThumbnails

in order to show previews of any windows you want in a window you want.
It works like a charm when the plasmoid is placed in the dashboard or in
the desktop.

1)The only thing is that I cant find is the offset that is added in a
plasmoid because of
the plasma theme. There is chance to disable the plasma theme for that
plasmoid if
I dont find a solution.

2)About perfomance I havent noticed any drawbacks I can even say that is
more
light that PresentWindows effect because it shows less windows.

3)When the plasmoid is placed in a panel and it is shown through the
extender()
the previews are behind the popup but I believe that there is a chance that
is a matter of plasmoid's popup implementation.

Regards,
Michail