Issues on writing plasmoid for KMix

Weng Xuetian wengxt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 14:08:17 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 9:09 PM, Igor Poboiko <igor.poboiko at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm working on porting KMix tray applet to plasma. Right now I have some
> working code which can be found in my scratch repo
>http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch%2Fpoboiko%2Fkmix-plasmoid.git&a=summary (it
> requires KMix from trunk).
> First issue: it isn't QML. I generate KCM UI content on-the-fly (I want
> users to have an ability to select which controls they want to see in popup,
> so I provide a KActionSelector with available controls), and I've heard that
> it is impossible using QML. Also I didn't work with QML before.
I'm not familiar with kmix, but some time ago some other developer
suggest that you can use qml for the UI part, and don't need to make
it purl qml plasmoid. I remember there is a convenient class introduce
in 4.8 which can set up all plasma qml imports path.

http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/plasma/html/classPlasma_1_1DeclarativeWidget.html