Connecting to Data Engine in QT Quick

Shaun Reich shaun.reich at kdemail.net
Sun Jan 22 06:27:55 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 11:53 PM, Eric Mesa <ericsbinaryworld at gmail.com> wrote:
> Working with QT Quick in QT Creator.  Using QML to do GUI design.  Finally
> figured out my data engine issues that I emailed about about back in August.
>  So now I want to connect to my data engine.  I found this
> website: http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/QML/API#Data_Engines
> but when I put in  "import org.kde.plasma.core 0.1 as PlasmaCore" (no
> quotes) I get the error "module "org.kde.plasma.core" is not installed"

that import is only valid if you are making a plasmoid. through a raw
QML thingy you can't use core components. core components is only
meant as a plasmoid goodie bag.

you can still use org.kde.plasmacomponents afik though. but if you're
using a dataengine in the first place...and a QML applet..i have to
ask why it isn't a plasmoid in the first place. probably make things a
lot easier...

as for 'packages', the imports are in
kde-runtime/plasma/declarativeimports, so having that should be fine.

--
Shaun Reich,
KDE Software Developer (kde.org)