Tooltip timeout question

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jan 11 12:16:44 UTC 2012

On Thursday, December 29, 2011 13:21:31 Shaun Reich wrote:
> I was thinking about doing a sort of fade in/out on the tooltip text, as it
> switches to the next set to display. Of course, it'd do this after a bit of
> continuing to mouse over the pager.

should be possible by setting the ToolTipContent when the tooltip is shown for
the pager. may require some changes to ToolTip (a private class in libplasma)
to make such transitions more elegant (e.g. fade between)

> All considered, is it possible to exempt myself from the tooltip timeout
> for special cases such as this, where the contents want to cycle around,
> displaying not just fixed content?

tooltips can say they should not be hidden automatically by setting the
appropriate flag in ToolTipContent.

humru othro a kohnu se