[kde-workspace] plasma/generic/tools/plasmoidviewer: Make plasmoidviewer have non-persistent applet config files.

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Wed Jan 4 01:21:37 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 5:46 PM, Shaun Reich <shaun.reich at kdemail.net> wrote:
> I should've passed this through review, it didn't occur to me how
> invasive it was. so..
>
> (a) does the code look fine
>
> and
>
> (b) should the default be persistent configs, and have a switch like
> --volatile-config or something? I don't know which is more common, but
> it just seemed to me since it's a debug app, that reading from scratch
> would be the most common thing, otherwise you can be left with
> orphaned nodes which override your own. or at least that's what I ran
> into ;-)

The one time I've used this application was to debug a plasmoid that
was ignoring saved settings. I thought it was awesome that it would
keep settings for the plasmoids you were testing. I can think of a
couple more dev cases were you want to keep the settings (e.g. when
debugging access to a service and you already store the credentials)
so I really appreciate you kept the old behavior at hand with the flag
- regardless if it's default behavior or not.

David E. Narvaez