Folderview selection marker, revisited

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 10:24:51 UTC 2012

On Monday 20 February 2012, Ignat Semenov wrote:
> when the icon size is set to 16 or 22, it is impossible to hit the icon.
> With 16, it is absolutely inmpossible - you can test it yourself. At least
> with the Oxygen plasma theme (3px margins), though I'm not sure if it
> depends on the margins at all - need to check the code. So, the commenter
> asks for an option to disable the marker for this exact reason. At the smae
> time, he does not want to switch to d-click for solving this problem, and I
> understand him - it is at best a workaround.

one thing that can be tried is not make the plus button smaller but move it a
bit out of the icon, besides it.

in any case, adding an option to disable it because at some sizes is unusabe
is a no-go again, because it's either usable or not, so at most if the above
solution doesn't work, when goes under a certain size it should be just
disabled (without options)

Cheers,
Marco Martin