ToolTip for a PopupApplet with QML

Dimitar Popov dimitar.georgiev.popov at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 16 20:18:29 UTC 2012

Am Freitag, 10. Februar 2012, 13:04:06 schrieb Marco Martin:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > forwarding to the correct list :)
> >
> > (was originally posted to kde-devel@)

Ok, I thought so, too, but I wanted to be sure that I'm not missing something
;)

> A way could be adding a method to the global plasmoid object for
> popupapplets like setToolTip(icon, text, subtext)

Sounds ok to me, but I'm not the one to take such decisions ;)

> how does this sound? (not sure would be so desiderable for plasma2 tough..)

Why wouldn't it be desirable for plasma2? Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the
goals of plasma2...

> and this could be a good junior job if soomebody can give it a shot ;)

I already looked at the code of Plasma::PopupApplet [1] with the hope of
finding a hidden way to the widget in the notification area, but I'm not sure
I'll have time for this in coming months :)

Thanks once again!

Regards,
Dimitar

[1]