Newspaper layout problems and KNode bugs

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Feb 13 21:24:14 UTC 2012

On Saturday, February 11, 2012 12:25:32 Ignat Semenov wrote:
> The problems I've seen are numerous, like applets not closing on hitting the
> 'X' but rather expanding in height, then closing on the second or the third
> click of the 'X', it was sometimes impossible to put applets in the
> necessary column / row, ipossible to control applets' size, applets
> overlapping each other, etc. I can make a screencast if you wish, but you
> most probably can reproduce it yourself.

it *looks* like the handle is not grabbing all the events it should and is
instead passing it to applet.

there's an app in kdeexamples that loads the kpart, which in turn uses the
newspaper layout. it would be interesting to see if it is broken in the same
way as it is in plasma-desktop.

i don't think much / anything changed in there in a while, however; this could
be a change elsewhere that has affected the newspaper containment ... but it
does, at first look anyways, seem to be an issue with events not being caught
by the handle.