FrameSVG manual reload on themeChanged()

Ignat Semenov ragnarokk91 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 14:11:38 UTC 2012

Hello fellow plasma developers!

I'm doing a fix for folderview, related to the theme changes.  In
particular, I need to relayout and repaint the items using the margins
in the new viewitem.svgz in the new theme. To reload the FrameSVG
object manually, I need to do an update() call in the applet, which
will redraw everything, including the view, and load the correct SVG.
But, after that, I will recalculate the correct margins and relayout
the items (as they have different sizes now), and then repaint the
view completely. So we have 2 complete repaints (and one more in
AppletPrivate::themeChanged(), an unconditional one.)

So, I'd like to avoid this second repaint (via update()), and reload
the framesvg manually. How can I do that?

Best regards,
Ignat Semenov