Review Request: Allow to choose between ascending and descending icon sort order in folderview

Ignat Semenov ragnarokk91 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 10:44:25 UTC 2012

Marco Martin wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Ignat Semenov <ragnarokk91 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hello fellow plasma devs!
>>
>> This change, while trivial, contains 2 strings, "Ascending" and
>> "Desending". I've found out that the very same strings already exist in
>> Dolphin, which lives in the same module as plasma-applet-folderview, kde-
>> baseapps. Does that mean that this commit can be backported to 4.8?
>
> well, regardless of the strings, that's a feature, so i would prefer it
> 4.9 only

Hello Marco,

In the case that I won't backport the change, will I be able to backport
later commits using git cherry-pick correctly? Does Git use the diffs for
cherry-picking? This is one of the reasons why I want to backport the
change. Another one is, of course, that this useful feature will have a
longer lifetime and more users :)

Best regards,
Ignst Semenov