Python plasmoid and configChanged()

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Feb 5 13:33:48 UTC 2012

On Sunday, February 5, 2012 11:44:02 Simone Gaiarin wrote:
> Hi,
> I wrote a python plasmoid that needs to restart a program (redshift)
> everytime that the configuration is changed by the user (the plasmoid
> configChanged() function reacts to the signal). When the program is
> restarted the user is aware of it, because the screen color become
> white and than red again. But this is not a problem because the
> configuration is likely changed only few times.
> Although I've noticed that the signal configChanged() is emitted every
> time every part of the desktop is changed. So everytime I add a
> widget, lock/unlock widgets and so on, my plasmoid restarts the
> program. Is this the normal behaviour? Shouldn't the signal be emitted
> only when the configuration of my plasmoid is changed?

yes, and that's how it should be working. do you call configChanged() from
anywhere else in the plasmoid code?

i tried just now with a C++ plasmoid, and it is not happening.

tried again with a JS plasmoid, also not happening there either.

so it seems this is something in your plasmoid or in the python bindings?