Python plasmoid and configChanged()

Simone Gaiarin simgunz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 10:44:02 UTC 2012

Hi,
I wrote a python plasmoid that needs to restart a program (redshift)
everytime that the configuration is changed by the user (the plasmoid
configChanged() function reacts to the signal). When the program is
restarted the user is aware of it, because the screen color become
white and than red again. But this is not a problem because the
configuration is likely changed only few times.
Although I've noticed that the signal configChanged() is emitted every
time every part of the desktop is changed. So everytime I add a
widget, lock/unlock widgets and so on, my plasmoid restarts the
program. Is this the normal behaviour? Shouldn't the signal be emitted
only when the configuration of my plasmoid is changed?