KConfigXT default value code evaluation

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Feb 5 13:18:17 UTC 2012

On Sunday, February 5, 2012 00:44:47 Simone Gaiarin wrote:
> I'm writing a python plasmoid and I want to initialize a field with a
> default value from this function KSystemTimeZones::local().latitude()
> but it doesn't work.
> If I put a number in the default value it is taken correctly. I've
> also tried to add another include tag with KTimeZone.  I've tried even
> with the point insted of ::  KSystemTimeZones.local().latitude() . But
> it still doesn't work. Any idea?

code is not supported in configxt loaded by plasmoids, as that requires
generation, compilation and execution of C++ code. obviously, this is a "no-
go". it may be possible to run it in the runtime of the plasmoid (meaning it
would become python in a python plasmoid, JS in a JS plasmoid, etc) but that
would require a fair amount more work on the configxt support for plasmoids.