Mono icons in systray

Jacopo De Simoi wilderkde at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 07:06:56 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 11 December 2012 21:37:13 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 December 2012, Jacopo De Simoi wrote:
> > recalling some recent post on icon fonts, I wonder if switching to an icon
> > font for monochrome plasma icons would provide us with a solution; in my
>
> > opinion there are quite a number of advantages:
> using a font would basically raise the entry barrier of doing a new icon to
> plus infinite or so..

This seems to be a very sensible objection; I believe that inkscape can
produce svg fonts, which can then be imported in fontforge and tweaked with
hinting infos there.

This is indeed a considerable overhead; perhaps then one could implement
shape-rendering:crispEdges rendering in QtSvg; actually if the svg routines
are shared with webkit, it could be that they are already implemented…

> having hinting there would be very cool (the shape deformation to fit the
> grid, not the horrible color bleeding antialiasing abomination)

Allright, subpixel hinting is definitely not your favourite feature; I got
your point :D

Best,
   __J