Getting started on plasma2

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 19:16:39 UTC 2012

yo all,
those days I've been working a bit on plasma2 with Sebas, I'll update a bit
the situation, to get everyone up to speed.
First, good news, libplasma2 works with Qt5 :)
Now, the bad one, you need Qt5 (and build whole frameworks with it) to
build libplasma now :p

Important changes:
no qgv dependencies in libplasma
Applet, Containment, Corona are qobjects (so pure logic, no ui whatsoever)
Libkdeclarative doesn't have the hacks or references to QScriptEngine
anymore, is just setting the paths for import dirs and device specific
stuff.

The whole thing is still not "doing" too much, but is getting there, I did
a test app here on my scratch repo:

git://anongit.kde.org/scratch/mart/testplasma2.git

it's painting a framesvg in a scenegraph view and it creates an empty
corona, then adds a containment nd an applet
corona, containment and applet of course are invisible now (but load/save
on appletsrc is starting to work), how to hook them to the graphical
representation is still semi open question.

I would like people to try to set up the thing, ie have qt5, build
frameworks and try to build the test app. This makes solving the issues
definitely faster :)

Cheers,
Marco Martin