move plasma tools to plasmate

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Tue Aug 21 17:42:16 UTC 2012

I have changed my mind on this topic with the following conclusion (hope it is
useful for future actions).

The main reason why I don't like this movement is because it adds an extra
dependency for the random KDE hacker that wants to do something. This hacker
will compile everything so he will have to know that the tools are in plasmate
repo and compile them.

Since we are adding "yet another" repo, our tools will be segregated across
more repositories, making worse the already not ideal situation.

So, in the ideal world what I'd like to see is someone taking the lead and
creating a serious project for our sdk, developer stories, dependencies,
techbase etc etc.

Said that, I would prefer to move the tools to kdesdk since we already have
that repository, but if it really helps you to move them to plasmate then go
ahead, make things little worse won't be a deal breaker in this case.

Cheerz.