move plasma tools to plasmate

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Aug 16 16:07:13 UTC 2012

Hey,

First of all: if anybody objects to having these tools (plasmoidviewer, etc.)
not shipped with kde-workspace anymore, speak now or forever hold your peace.
:)

On Monday, August 13, 2012 17:40:39 Giorgos Tsiapaliokas wrote:
> my GSoC tasks included to move the plasma tools(those are
> kde-workspace/plasma/generic/tools) into plasmate.
> In order to do that I will use the "git subtree" command.
>
> With git subtree I will make a copy of kde-workspace/plasma/generic/tools
> into plasmate and then
> I will remove with git rm kde-workspace/plasma/generic/tools. The "git
> rm kde-workspace/plasma/generic/tools"
> will have to be done in every wanted branch of the kde-workspace repository.
> I believe that those branches should be
>
> (in short those are the master and the personal branches, I didn't
> include all those who start with KDE/4.x and Active/*)
>   origin/master

We need to only remove the tools from master, the rest are branches that
should either not be touched anymore (in this way), or are personal branches
which are maintained (i.e. merged / rebased, etc.) by their owners.

>   origin/amourphiouskb
>   origin/apol/qmlrunner
>   origin/belem/Active/1.0
>   origin/dafre/new-powerdevil
>   origin/focus
>   origin/hpereira/oxygen-shadows
>   origin/ivan/activity-window-rule
>   origin/kdepim/enterprise-4.0.83
>   origin/kdepim/enterprise-4.1
>   origin/kdepim/enterprise-4.2
>   origin/kdm-plasma
>   origin/kickoff-qml
>   origin/ksmserver/qml-shutdowndlg
>   origin/kwin-wayland
>   origin/kwin/mart/tabboxFixes
>   origin/libplasma2
>   origin/master
>   origin/oxygen/background-pixmap
>   origin/oxygen/extended-splitters
>   origin/plasma/bookmarksrunner-chrome-gulino
>   origin/plasma/iwesp/quicklaunch
>   origin/plasma/keyboard_applet_svgtext/mart
>   origin/plasma/luisgabriellima/pager-qml
>   origin/plasma/mart/declarativeWidgetsExplorer
>   origin/plasma/mart/wac-appletscript
>   origin/plasma/sreich/applet/hdd-activity
>   origin/plasma/sreich/plasmasvgviewer
>   origin/plasma/sreich/plasmoidviewer-use-kpart
>   origin/plasma/sreich/qml2-system-monitors
>   origin/plasma/sreich/sal-lenses
>   origin/plasma/sreich/sal-qml
>   origin/plasma/sreich/tasks-qml
>   origin/plasma/viranch/analogclock
>   origin/plasma/viranch/powermanagementservices>
>   origin/plasma/viranch/tasks
>   origin/qt3support
>   origin/screenlocker
>   origin/sebas/active-lock-splash
>
> also before the merge I would like to merge the branch
> named plasma/sreich/plasmasvgviewer into master.

This branch doesn't look ready for primetime, it probably needs more
polishing.

> If you have any branches which have commits in plasma tools please let me
> know in order to move them to
> plasmate.

Not necessary. :)

sebas